Here’s a video, via DontEatWhatTheyFeed, from the NAMM Show that features Teenage Engineering’s Jesper discussing the current state of the OP-1 synthesizer.
It’s priced at $ 799 / € 799. Details below.
Check it out and let us know what you think!
Teenage Engineering OP-1 Synthesizer Specifications:
- Multiple Synthesizer Engines with exchangable Architecture.
- 8 dedicated instant sound select keys
- Dr Wave – Raw 8-bit yupe sound engine
- FM – Easy to tweak FM synthesis engine
- Pulse – Square wave type engine
- String – Physical modeling with a twist
- Digital – Raw digital type of engine
- Phase – Phase distortion engine
- Cluster – Multiple Wave Cluster
- Feature additions of Engines will be available with software upgrades
- Dedicated instant Synth Sampler with 6 seconds sampling time for each slot.
- Dedicated instant Drum Sampler with 12 seconds sampling time for each slot.
With automated layout feature.
- Instant sampling with built-in Microphone or Line in
- Classic ADSR type of envelope
- Dynamic Envelope for Drum sounds.
- Future additions of Envelopes will be available with software upgrades
- Multiple Effects with exchangable Architecture.
- Delay – Classic delay type
- Phone – Hacked phone effect
- Punch – Adds punch to your sound
- Grid – Grid based echo
- Spring – Spring reverb type
- Future additions of Effects will be available with software upgrades
- 4 individual tracks with instant Solo
- Instant variable Tape Speed
- 12 minutes recording time in Normal tape speed.
- Up to 48 minutes recording time in Low tape speed
- Loop function with movable region
- Tape tricks for Break Tape, Bits and Reverse.
- Memo 1 & 2 for instant memorizing Effects / EQ / Pan or Levels / Tape Speed
- Reverse Recording
- Classic Tape editing Features Lift / Split and Drop
- Lift tape recordings back into Sampler for endless sound design.
- 3 Axis Motion sensor (G-Force)
- Assignable to any synth, envelope, effect parameter or to pitch.
Built-in FM radio
- Sample direct from any radiostation
- Record direct to tape
- 400 MHz Processor Core
(800 MMACSS performance)
- 64 MB Low-Power SDRAM (12ns)
- 512 MB Nand Flash storage
- 24-bit 96kHz ADC/DAC
- Li-Ion 1800 mAh
- 16 hours active Battery Life
- 2 Years stand-by time
- Charge via USB port
- USB 2.0 high speed (OTG)
- 3.5 mm Line Input, Output
- Built-in microphone
- High output mini speaker 8 Ohm 1 Watt
- 3-axis accelerometer (G-force) sensor
- Worldwide FM band support (64-108 MHz)
- Amoled display running in 60 fps
- 320 x 160 pixel resolution
- Color Depth: 16.7 M
- Contrast: 10000:1
- Viewing Angle: 170°
- Life Time: 30,000 hrs
- 2500mAh li-ion Polymer Battery
- Low profile keyboard module
- Scissor-switch ultra low profile design
- Expected lifespan of 10 million keystrokes per key
- Industrial Grade Incremental Encoders
- Rotational life: Up to 1,000,000 revolutions
- Excellent indexing feel (remains consistent over life)
- Zinc diecast and fiber enforced high performance plastic
- Used in Avionics Operating temperature range: -40 to +85°C2.8
- Advanced CNC:d one-piece Aluminum design.
- 2 X M6 Mounting holes for accessories.
- 2 X Cuts for strap accessory.
- Light grey powder coated body and EDM textured keyboard
- L 282 mm, H 102 mm, D 13.5 mm
The OP-1 comes shipped in a reusable environmental friendly package made out of Paperfoam material.