Musikmesse 2011: One of the coolest things we’ve seen from this year’s Musikmesse is the new Korg Wavedrum Mini.
The Korg Wavedrum Mini is a compact percussion synthesizer, with built-in speaker, battery-powered portability and a cool sensor clip that turns just about anything into a percussion instrument. Using the sensor clip and the pad allows two sounds to be played at once.
- Portable percussion synthesizer built on Korg’s renowned Wavedrum technology.
- Play two sounds at once for a rich musical experience:
- Play one sound from the dynamic pad.
- Play a second sound from any surface or object using the sensor clip.
- 100 Ready-to-play sounds ranging from acoustic tones to synthetic sounds.
- 100 Rhythm patterns serve as a rhythmic guide or provide jam-along-fun.
- 10 Preset audio effects; select any effect and enhance any sound.
- On-board Looper allows unlimited overdub layering for complex, multi-sound patterns.
- Share your sounds using the built-in speaker, or practice using headphones.
- Battery operation lets you play with confidence on the street, outdoors or anywhere.
- AC Adapter and mounting strap are included.
The sensor clip seems like a killer feature, bringing an element of experimental performance into a mainstream device.
Pricing and availability are TBA.
Check out the Korg Wavedrum Mini and let us know what you think of it.