Developer Sound Trends has released meta.DJ – a new iPad app described as the ‘love child’ of DJing and remixing.
meta.DJ is targeted at modern DJ-style performances and lets you blend iTunes music tracks with drum machine beats, sound fx, synthesized instrument parts, mix effects like delays, stutters, filters and more.
- QUAD DEVICE SUPPORT – TRACKS, LOOPS, INSTRUMENTS – Use up to 4 virtual devices at any one time. Use any combination of devices during your set including Track Decks (for iTunes tracks) plus Looptastic, SaMPL3R and drumtron instruments based on Sound Trends grüvtron technology.
- TRACK DECKS – Load your track into a Track Deck and breath new life into your library.
- iTunes Integration – Easily import tracks from your iTunes library.
- Automatic BPM Detection – Automatic tempo detection plus x2, /2 and Beat Grid adjustment tools let you nail down those tricky tracks.
- Cues/Loop Presets – Use the waveform display to help gets things just right. Playback automatically plays back on the beat.
- Auto Loop for Tracks – Use for creating Loop Presets or to quickly throw in 1/2/4/8/16/32 bar loops as you play the tracks during your Live Set
- LOOPTASTIC – a loop-based remix instrument for playing, mixing and adding effects to audio loops.
- Scratch Strip interface for scratching and interactive control of loop playback
- 3 FX zones
- DRUMTRON – A new take on the drum machine. Mix together Kick, Snare, HiHat and other parts – without using audio loops, so the sound stays tight.
- SaMPL3R – Based on grüvtron, SaMPL3R lets you easily add instrument parts (arpeggios, chord stabs, basses, leads, etc) to the mix in any key and morph them together. Plus a Control Strip lets you add filter and modulation to the sound. Key Mode can help you find the key of your tracks, and/or play the sound live.
- 15 EFFECTS WITH XY PAD CONTROL – Each device has it’s own mixer fader and can have up to FOUR (4) FX assigned at once. FX include Low/High Pass Filter, Gate, Stutter Loop, Stutter Stepped, Stutter gate, Bitcrusher, Flanger, Glitchy Repeater, Delay, Reverb, Pan, Compressor and Pump. All are controlled by an XY pad with “Hold” feature for setting an FX setting like a preset.
- SETS and SNAPS – Each Set Document includes user-defined combinations of Devices with a collection of Snaps. Each Device Snap includes the content in the Device (music tracks w-Cues/Loops, Instruments Presets, audio loops, etc.) and mix information (effects, volume level),stored as easily recalled snapshots.
meta.DJ is $9.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used meta.DJ, leave a comment with your thoughts!