Steinberg has announced a new range of USB controllers that can be individually combined to form a custom-made Cubase control system.
Comprising six units, the CMC series has control options for recording, editing and mixing music, creating beats or performing live. Each of the six slim-sized controllers is unique in its own way and features a dedicated set of rotary encoders, touch faders or pads designed to take hands-on control of a specific section in Cubase.
Here are the details on the CMC modules:
- CMC-CH is the hardware equivalent of the eminently powerful Cubase channel section and brings hands-on access to all channel-related functions.
- CMC-FD carries four newly developed, high resolution touch faders that provide precision control over four Cubase channels at the same time, including solo/mute and metering.
- CMC-TP provides access to the Cubase transport section, featuring dedicated buttons and a multi-purpose touch slider for convenient DAW control.
- CMC-PD houses a MPC-style 4×4 pad matrix.
- CMC-QC brings the Cubase Quick Controls to your fingertips and provides precise tactile control over the Cubase Channel EQ and external MIDI devices.
- CMC-AI features Steinberg’s AI Knob
With the included joint plate, up to nine CMC units can be combined to design a personal controller system. For even more flexibility, you can use the PD, FD or any other CMC model together with Steinberg’s CC121 Advanced Integration controller. Optional frames provide a way to safely mount your units.
The CMC modular controllers are available now, priced at $149-$199.