Serato Audio Research has released Serato DJ Intro, a new DJ app designed to work with selected hardware controllers, available now as a free download.
The Serato DJ Intro video tells you pretty much nothing about the app – but it looks like it’s basically designed to be an entry-level version in Serato’s DJ software line, to be packaged with hardware controllers.
- Two tracks can be mixed simultaneously using traditional DJ controls – scratch, nudge, pitch bend, EQ.
- Serato Sync locks tracks together for seamless grooves.
- Serato Crates make audio file management easy and advanced iTunes integration gives you instant access to personal library and playlist information.
- Cue points allow you to quickly access specific parts of songs.
- Loops repeat selected sections and can create new intros, outros and extended mixes.
- DJ-FX will enhance any DJ set, with popular effects including delay, filter and reverb, and up to three FX chainable for each deck.
- The Sample Player can play up to four short samples, audio loops, sound effects or full length tracks in addition to the two tracks you’re mixing.
- Plug-and-Play connectivity makes it simple and fast to setup your supported Serato DJ Intro controller, computer and software and start DJing.
Details at the Serato site.