The Miselu Neiro is a portable, net-enabled social music device. It offers a keyboard, a wide multi-touch display and a variety of musical apps and cloud services.
- Android-based mobile device.
- Social integration is built in.
- Open platform environment lets developers and users build their own custom apps and solutions.
- Yamaha AudioEngine Series Sound Chip NSX-1. This powerful synthesizer engine delivers “a quality that almost matches the sound of ‘real’ musical instruments”, according to Miselu.
- The DSP chip offers a larger variety of sound effects such as reverb, chorus and EQs.
Miselu also announced a partnership with Retronyms, creators of the iPad music-studio app, Tabletop.
Retronyms will be bringing their expertise in designing intuitive touch-based music software to the “neiro” by creating a suite of powerful apps designed to help users start writing & playing.
Miselu CEO Yoshinari Yoshikawa says, “We are excited to work with Retronyms as they have been part of the touch-based music software movement since the very beginning and have proven time after time that they are among the best in this category.”
The Retronyms apps will be included with the device at launch.
Launch date and pricing is TBA.
The Miselu Neiro is interesting because current wireless communication technologies are a central feature of the keyboard’s design, rather than an afterthought.
Check it out and let us know what you think of it!