At Musicmesse 2012, BOSS has announced the VE-5 Vocal Performer, a compact personal effects processor and looper.
The VE-5 inherits effects from BOSS’ VE-20 Vocal Performer pedal, including reverb, delay, double/harmony, and dynamics processing. Also on board is realtime pitch correction and special effects processing via the TONE/SFX category. A built-in phrase looper lets users capture vocal performances with effects and loop them on the fly for exciting real-time presentations.
- Easy one-touch operation.
- Six types of high-quality vocal effects inherited from the VE-20 – Reverb, Delay, Double/Harmony, Dynamics, Pitch Correct, and Tone/SFX.
- Phrase Looper adds impact to real-time vocal performances, including harmonizing and layered beatboxing.
- Favorite Sound function provides immediate access to preferred sounds.
- Ideal for live performance, as well as tabletop setups; mic-stand mount included.
- Internal microphone for instant gratification.
- Aux input for blending external music.
- Battery operation for street performance (AC adapter sold separately).
The VE-5 Vocal Performer will be available in late spring. Pricing is TBA.