Yonac Software has released an update to Magellan, its virtual synthesizer for iOS.
Here’s what’s new:
- Integrated MIDI Out with the arps, chordmaker and the sequencer. Can now control other MIDI apps and devices using these Magellan modules.
- WIST Integration: use Magellan in sync with WIST compatible apps on other iOS devices. Operate Magellan as master or slave, and set target or source individually for each arp and the sequencer.
- LFO tempo syncing, with 16 note values to choose from, including dotted and triplet notes
- Added “Fx Source Latch” preference under the “Prefs” panel: allows user to specify FX Source selection behaviour when loading presets or switching the foregrounded synth engine.
- Automatic BPM detection for external clock syncing
- Preset “INIT” feature in the Preset Browser: use INIT to clear synth parameters to start programming a new patch from scratch
- Added “Save Changes” button in the Preset Browsers: use to save changes to current preset without re-entering preset name.
- Sustain pedal support on MIDI CC 64
- Default MIDI CC Map, developed from General MIDI Level 2
- MIDI Learn: MIDI channels were previously displayed as 0-referenced; now they are displayed in the conventional 1-referenced form
- Show target synth ID on each preset display screen
- Fixed issue with metronome when Count-In was selected while metronome was already running
- Fixed issue with Filter Bank settings when a new filter was loaded
- Fixed issue with the arp performance mode when using certain external MIDI controllers that transmit 0-param note off messages
- UI related fix to the sequencer panel
Magellan is $4.99 in the App Store.
9 thoughts on “Magellan For iPad Updated With MIDI Out, WIST, LFO Sync & More”
Great updates. Glad to finally have that INIT feature!
That’s the way to do an update. Looking forward to trying this out!
Well done Yonac!
…and how much extra do you have to pay for MIDI out?
Great updates. But I wuold still like to see a radom patching button on both of them. Espessially the TC11 wicht I find somewhat combersome to tweak.
Free MIDI out, no crashing and presets still intact:) Nice!
Way to go!!
Yay, I was really wanting a synced LFO. Love this app.
Just keeps getting better!