Opal has released Scape – a new generative music application, created by Brian Eno and Peter Chilvers.
Here’s what they have to say about Scape:
Scape is a new form of album which offers users deep access to its musical elements. These can be endlessly recombined to behave intelligently: reacting to each other, changing mood together, making new sonic spaces.
Can machines create original music? Scape is our answer to that question: it employs some of the sounds, processes and compositional rules that we have been using for many years and applies them in fresh combinations, to create new music. Scape makes music that thinks for itself.
- Includes 15 original scapes
- Scapes can be saved into a gallery and added to a playlist
- Plays in background of other apps (excluding iPad 1)
- Generates random scapes
- Scapes can be shared by email
- Supports AirPlay and Retina display
Scape is $5.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve tried Scape, let us know what you think of it!