Sample Logic today announced their new Kontakt synth product, CYCLONE.
Calling it a “powerhouse virtual instrument,” CYCLONE contains over 325 instruments and multis ranging from multi-layer motion pads and cinematic harmonic instruments to dubstep-inspired basses, electronic hybrid leads, and experimental drum kits.
CYCLONE is intuitively organized and divided into “specific useful categories,” Instruments (Arpeggiated, Basses, Harmonics, Kits, Leads and Pads), and Multis (Construction Kits, Instrument Stacks, and One Note Glory).
Sampling Meet Synthesis – The Interface
The core of CYCLONE is focused around the user interface and experience. The interface still includes Sample Logic’s signature Multi-core Effect Sequencers, Triggers, and Arpeggiator, with the addition of several new features such as:
- A “powerfully voracious” LFO section
- The first-ever Kontakt additive synthesis engine, Wave
- An easy to modulate and sequence “Pitch” section
- A new group mixer section for blending samples and synthesis
Wave – Additive Synthesis Engine
“Wave” is the first-ever Kontakt additive synthesis engine. With this new and transposable wave section, waveforms can be added to the instrument’s overall sound. This leads to “endless customization and massive synths.” In addition, each waveform volume can be sequenced via a multi-core effect sequencer.
Wave can be used in many ways, including: adding a sine wave transposed down a few octaves to add sub and thicken up a bass; sequencing a wavetable volume to add a motion layer on top of a static pad; transposing a wave up a few octaves to add harmonics and make the overall instrument brighter; transposing a wave down a fifth to create harmonic instruments.
- Over 325 Instruments and Multis delivered at 44.1k/24-bit.
- Just under 3 GB sample library using Kontakt’s lossless sample storage compression
- NI Kontakt 5 Player with native 64-bit support
- Stand-alone, VST, AU, DXi, RTAS (Pro Tools 9 or higher), ASIO, CoreAudio, WASAPI
- Kontakt 5 Player 5.03 or higher (free download) or full version of Kontakt 5.0.3 or higher (sold separately)
- Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended), or Windows 7 or Windows 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon
- 64 X2, 2GB RAM (4GB recommended)
- 1 GB free disk space for Kontakt 5 Player
- 3 GB free disk space for CYCLONE sample content
Kontakt is continously being updated. For the latest system compatibilities visit the Native Instruments website.
Pricing and Availability: Sample Logic CYCLONE will be available beginning April 22, 2013 as a direct download for a suggested retail price of $299.99 US. Pre-orders before April 22nd will receive a discount.
Synthtopia CYCLONE Giveaway: Synthtopia is giving away a free copy of Sample Logic CYCLONE when it debuts next Monday. To enter the giveaway, add yourself to our email newsletter list (see sign-up box, at the right of this webpage) before Sunday, April 21. Winner announced Monday, April 22.