The QuNexus features KMI’s Smart Sensor technology which transmits pressure, tilt, polyphonic aftertouch, and velocity. QuNexus also supports CV, MIDI, USB, and OSC, for maximum flexibility.
“QuNexus is the most important evolution in keyboards since the Erard Escapement was introduced to pianos in 1821,” said KMI founder, Keith McMillen. “QuNexus gives keyboardists forms of expression that were only available to string and horn players. Although playful in appearance, it performs and feels like a serious instrument.”
- 25 Smart Sensor keys detect velocity, pressure, and tilt
- Polyphonic pitch bend and aftertouch
- 2 CV/Gate inputs; Gate and 3 CV Outputs (16-bit)
- Pitch bend pad
- Octave up/down buttons provide a 7 octave range
- USB powered, receives power directly from iOS device or Mac/PC
- Class compliant for iOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows and Linux, no drivers required
- Portable: 3.3″ (84 mm) x 12.8″ (325 mm) x 0.43″ (11 mm), 0.76 lb (345 g)
QuNexus has a suggested retail price of $149.00 US. Learn more about QuNexus at the KMI website.
Read Synthtopia’s recent Keith McMillen interview to learn more about the QuNexus and McMillen’s approach to instrument design.