Focusrite Tape is an iPad recording solution with 2-track recording, instant mastering, customizable tape artwork and social media connectivity. Synthtopia talked about this iOS app earlier this summer as a tool to use with Focusrite’s iTrack Studio; the Tape for iPad app has now been released and is available for free in the App Store.
Users are able to record from the built-in iPad microphone, iTrack Solo, or even any Core Audio-compliant audio interface (including interfaces from the Focusrite Scarlett product series) and add “polish” with one button compression. Users can add titles and album artwork and share online via SoundCloud.
Focusrite Tape for iPad Key Features:
- Record two separate inputs, or link them as a stereo pair.
- Use a portable audio interface (like the iPad powered iTrack Solo or a professional rack interface like the Scarlett 18i20) to record two sources.
- Ensure input levels are just right, using Tape’s visual level indicator meters.
- Plug-and-play support for the iTrack Solo and Scarlett range, plus Core Audio Compliant audio interfaces.
- Low-latency monitoring, so you can listen to your performance while recording.
- Keep time with a speed-adjustable metronome (or use the click track).
- Apply mastering effects to instantly improve your recording – including multi-band compression.
- Apply a custom title and image to your music and share via Soundcloud.
Focusrite Tape for the iPad is available, free of charge, via the App Store.