Here’s what they have to say about it:
How many times have you touched a great music app on iOS only to realize it’s limitations begin at the first touch? It sounds great, but capturing and utilizing the sounds for DAW can be tedious and frustrating.
Musicians need flexibility and platform unity, so that the time spent musing around on iOS, actually becomes time invested in your next hit tune. The Votan Platform fills this gap with a series of innovative and future thinking technologies.
The Votan Platform is engineered as a dual-use solution over both platforms (iOS / DAW). Everything you design on iOS will be available in your DAW. The Votan Platform takes care of everything in between. Like magic, everything will be in perfect sync.
The Votan Platform has three main elements:
- Votan Telepathy – a software synthesis app for iOS
- Telepathy AU – a 32/64 bit AU version of the Telepathy synth engine
- Votan Cloud & Control – this is the glue that ties together the iOS app and the AU version. The Votan Cloud lets you sync your patches to cloud-based storage, where you can sync them with other devices or with friends. Votan Control lets you control each of the Votan standalone apps or DAW audio units directly from your iOS device.
The features of the Votan Platform are designed to address some of the key workflow gaps created by the introduction of iOS music apps. There are plenty of great software synths, but they can be a challenge to integrate with desktop DAWs.
Audulus has just addressed cloud-based syncing also, but it’s built on Apple’s own iCloud storage system. VotanDSP’s approach – using their own cloud system – may offer additional flexibility, but it also means that the feature is dependent on the success of the new platform.
Votan Telepathy Synthesis Engine
Here are audio examples of the Votan Telepathy Synthesis Engine in action:
Votan Telepathy Synthesis Engine Features:
- 4 x Free Range Oscillators with Band-limited alias free Virtual Analogue waveforms. Free-range means they can be unlocked from key frequencies, and then used intelligently as audio rate modulators for FM and Ring Modulation. You can also morph between the different wave-shapes (Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square).
- 4 x Multi-filters with traditional Virtual Analog(Moog Ladder, MS20, TB303 emulations), Digital IIR and Formant Phase filters, 2/4 Pole with standard filter types Low Pass, High Pass, Band Reject, and Band Pass.
- In depth internal filter routing between the filters, with Parallel, Series and Stereo Split.
- 4 x LFO’s with transitional and morphing wave shapes.
- 4 x Envelopes, standard ADSR, Filter and 2 x assignable envelopes.
- 6 x Modulation Matrix Slots for extensive modulations
- 4 x FX Slots with Delay, Distortion, Chorus, Flange, 4 Band EQ, Decimator, and Glitch algorithms.
- Performance Control:
- 4 x XY Pads, with direct assignment of ALL parameters for in-depth performance control. You can trigger notes directly from the Pads.
- User assignable Keyboard with key selector(select the keys you need to play, not the rest)
- Binaural Beat Generator:
- Votan Telepathy has been built with binaural synthesis in mind. You can assign each oscillator to play through Left or Right channels to create binaural beats with extended synthesis capabilities. The system can create all brain frequencies from 0.01hz up to megahertz. Get experimenting with the invisible frequencies of the mind.
- Votan Telepathy Audio Unit – Votan Telepathy is also available an 32/64 bit AudioUnit, which is a direct mirror of the iOS app and fully compatible with all presets.
- Votan Connect – The iOS app can also act as a touch controller for the audio unit
- Votan Cloud – The Votan Cloud is an integrated Preset Management System. Users can create soundscapes and store them in their own device or in the Votan Cloud.
Note: iPad 4+ recommended for iOS synthesis. iPad 2+ for controlling the Audio Unit.
For more information, see the VotanDSP site.
If you’ve used The Votan Platform, leave a comment and let us know about your experience with it!