Synth pioneer Wolfgang Palm has announced that PPG Wavegenerator, the desktop version of his popular software synth for iOS, is now available.
“Now the same great synth takes advantage of the additional power found on desktop and laptop computers to allow users to use this as a in their favorite Mac and PC DAW as a 64 or 32 bit VSTi,” notes Palm. “AU is to planned to follow shortly.”
Here is a video intro from Wolfgang Palm:
Here’s a preview of the sound engine:
- Creation of your own waves and wavetables
- ‘Playful’ sound creation simply by drawing or picking harmonics
- 256 waves assembled within a wave grid
- 3 Audio Oscillators
- 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations
- Classic 24 dB low pass filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
- Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
- 13 Envelopes, for control of pitch, waveform, filter, noise, gain, and panning
- 4 LFOs
- Powerful Step Sequencer with playback arpeggiator
- Delay/Reverb effect
- Audio engine with 2 synthesis modes, and variable wave blending quality.
- Directly accessible context help for each module
- Transform pictures into a sound
- Free configurable schematic keypad, with extremely expressive modulation possibilities.
- PPG WaveGenerator comes with more than 300 sounds of all categories, created by our sound designer team.
- Transfer patches from the iPad app to the desktop app.
Here are official audio demos:
If you’ve used PPG Wavegenerator for Mac or PC, let us know what you think of it!