Cakewalk has introduced ScratchPad – a performance loop sequencer for iPad.
Here’s what they have to say about ScratchPad:
Scratchpad was designed as a fun and easy way to make music on the go. If you are new to music apps or you want to start shaping your own songs ScratchPad is a great way to get started. Easily mix loops that come with ScratchPad or import your own loops using Dropbox. Advanced users can load their own loops and create an interactive way to play with their songs.
Here’s the official intro video:
- Scratchpad has 3 main effects on each of the 9 expression pads.
- Stutter, Tape Stop, and Scratch
- Columns have a global tape stop
- Expression pads have 2 play modes: Loop and One Shot
- 3 trigger types: Normal, Momentary, and Re-Trigger
- XY Filter Pad has both a HPF and LPF
- Bring in your own content from Dropbox
- Route to other apps using AudioBus
ScratchPad is available for US $4.99 in the App Store.