SineVibes has updated Torsion, a three-oscillator software synth for Mac, to version 2.
Here’s what’s new in Torsion 2.0:
- New user interface with more convenient layout, drastically increased ease of use, and better visibility in daylight.
- Separate fine pitch control per each oscillator.
- Oscillator pitch modulation range increased to three octaves (up from one).
- Oscillator level now affects the waveform display.
- New trapezoid LFO waveform.
- Added 1/48 note LFO rate option.
- New distortion effects module with sample rate and bit depth reduction, analog-style saturation, and Bode frequency shifter.
- New delay effects module with stereo modulation and dual filter.
- Disabling of idle oscillators and effect modules to reduce processor load.
- 20 new preset patches.
- User manual in PDF format.
- Three oscillators each with four additive waveforms and four wave transform models.
- -24 dB/octave resonant low-pass filter with FM oscillator.
- -12 dB/octave high-pass filter.
- Ring modulator, sample rate and bit depth reduction, saturation, frequency shifter, modulation delay.
- Four LFO generators with multiple waveforms and per-cycle randomisation.
- Two AHDSR envelope generators.
- Two-dimensional chaos modulation generator.
- Factory patch bank includes 150 presets.
Torsion is available now for US $49. A demo version is available.
If you’ve used SineVibes Torsion, let us know what you think of it!