Trogotronic has introduced the M679 Gran Fury Analog Tube Synth / Bypass Overdrive FX Caveman Module.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
Building upon the legacy of the m676 Fury, the M series 679 Gran Fury has 8 times the patches, 150% more oscillating power, 120% more cv inputs & adds a synth bypass mode to double as a filthy tube distortion unit, all up in your tightly packed rack, it ALL WITHIN the same 14hp as before with zero toll on your already overtaxed power supply.
Curiously akin to R. Lee Ermey switching on the kilowatt floods & screaming through an Orange Full-stack set to ’11’ first thing the morning after an all-night gin bender; i.e. relentless punishment applied to all head-holes within audio range.
The Gran Fury’s feature list picks up where the original Fury’s left off:
- All Analog Circuit
- Audio Input for synth Modulation
- Oscillator Bypass Setting for use as Tube Distortion FX
- 3 Main-Oscillators with Vactrol CV inputs
- 4 Amplifier Stages: 2 Solid State + 2 High Voltage Tube
- 2 Unique Vactrol CV FX parameters (Drive & Modulation)
- 1 Master Frequency Control of Oscillators: Track
- 6 CV Input Attenuators
- m679?s 5 Toggles = 8x More Internal Patch Combinations than Original m676
- Amplifier Boost / Synth-Bypass Switch
- Compatible w/ Alternate Tubes for Auxiliary Plug & Play Sonic Profiles
- Uses Includes Dedicated High Current Power Supply
- Uses ZERO mA of Your Rack’s Existing Power Supply
- Slovakian Max. Gain, Twin-Triode Vacuum Tube run at High Voltage
The 679 Gran Fury’s functions are not conservative; While there are 3 Oscillators, other parts of the circuit can command more complicated frequencies in an intuitive manner. Similarly the Oscillators themselves may be applied as filters / modulators serving to broaden the utility of the instrument even more. Add to this the inclusion of 6 CV inputs compatible with sequencers, envelopes etc. plus distortion mode & ‘your vanilla rack is moonlighting as a cruel mistress at that deviant dungeon downtown wearing earplugs so as never to hear the whimpered safe word: ‘Gran Fury!'”
- Depth = 2 1/16″ (53mm)
- Peak Current Draw: N/A: dedicated high current power supply: Included
- Power Port on both the front & rear of 676 module
The Trogotronic M679 is priced at US $390. See the Trogotronic Headquarters for more info.