Fiddlewax Yellow is new app that combines a live vocal harmony generator, effects processor, and looper into one.
Here’s what the developers have to say about Fiddlewax Yellow:
Every aspect of Fiddlewax puts music first. The simple interface helps musicians focus on what they’re creating; there are no ads, faux-wood textures, or frivolous interaction to distract from the creative process.
Fiddlewax takes the best of both physical and virtual instruments to create something totally new. Full 10-finger multitouch support and maximum playing area provide for seamless digital interaction, while under the hood, samples are processed and routed as analog signals with variable frequency and timing.
- Realtime 3-part vocal harmony using a fast, polyphonic, pitch-shifting and audio analysis pipeline. Sing and synthesize new sounds and audio textures on the fly.
- Built-in effects to add chorus, distortion, reverb, low-pass, and high-pass filters.
- Synchronized, auto-expanding looper to layer up to 6 audio tracks at once. Easily start/stop any track and clear tracks individually when you want to overwrite/undo.
- Integrated recording function to save and share songs. Send to other installed apps, attach to email, or download later from iTunes when you sync your device.
- Headphone-aware control logic reduces the chance of squeaky feedback while you record.
Fiddlewax Yellow is available in the App Store.
If you’ve tried Fiddlewax Yellow, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!
7 thoughts on “New App, Fiddlewax Yellow, Combines Vocal Harmony Generator, Effects Processor & Looper”
free this week
hey thanks for letting us know about this synthopia and dubspot. it’s very simple but i made a quick beat and it was very fun and simple to express yourself. free for this week too thanks stub! 🙂
*synthtopia (no edit?)
the GUI looks like nanoloop for the GB
Talk about easy to learn. It’s a simple, clever interface. Perfect for young kids. I wish the effects were a little more high-roller. But otherwise, it is a nice little package.
More effin toys eh ?
How do I clear loops and edit them to what I want for my song?