Klevgränd Produktion AB has introduced SyncMix – a tool that bridges three generations of sync:
- MIDI is handled through the connector port, together with Apple Camera Connection Kit or Lightning Pin, depending on your Apple device.
- CV sync goes through a mini stereo audio cord connected to the headphones output.
- Wireless sync runs through any music application using WIST running on another device.
Here are the details:
There are two ways to connect MIDI to your gear.
- Laptops – Make sure you use the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter for 30 pin connector devices or the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit for the Lightning pin connector devices. Then with a USB to MIDI cable you can connect to any MIDI interface you use with your laptop.
- MIDI Hardware – To connect with MIDI Hardware you can use the same as above or if you want to bypass your MIDI interface you can explore the products from IK Multimedia that works for your setup.
Connect a 3.5″ mono or stereo audio cable from your device to your CV gear. Depending on your setup you may or may not need to boost the gain of the signal.
In testing, they used the Volca series, without any need to boost the gain. For Eurorack Modular systems, audio gain boost for the clock signal can be achieved via the Steady State Fate Ground Control and PTG, Circuit Abbey Gozinta or Doepfer A-119.
Setup up your SyncMix app device as the Master and your other device with the music app with WIST as the Slave. Once the connection is made you can sync all of the above protocols at once.
Note: You have to have a cord attached to the headphones output at all times for SyncMix to work properly.
SyncMix is available for US $3.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used SyncMix, let us know what you think of it!