Positive Grid has launched BIAS Desktop – a new amp modeling plug-in (AAX/RTAS/AU/VST) for Mac and PC.
“Instead of providing a fixed number of amp models, BIAS Desktop represents an entire new concept on guitar sound: guitar players can now virtually design their own amps, using Amp Matching Technology to capture their golden tube amplifiers,” says BIAS Product Manager Calvin Abel, “and finally they can share or download thousands of amp models on ToneCloud, also we are currently working with worldwide artists and studios to expand this platform.”
Here’s the official intro to BIAS Desktop:
Here’s a video that looks at amp matching with BIAS Desktop:
- 36 HD amp models included with the introductory release
- Amp Matching captures any miked amp or recorded track and creates a matched model
- Share and download thousands of artist- and user-created and matched amp models on ToneCloud
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets and mic selection and placement—mix and match!
- Customize the look and feel of your own amp panel; change the name, tolex, panel and knobs.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two 8-band equalizers
- Included noise gate and room simulator
- Create a virtually unlimited number of custom amps
- Quick preset facility recalls each of your 8 favorite settings in turn with just one tap
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8
- VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit)
BIAS comes in two versions:
- BIAS Desktop ($99.00) includes all amp design modules and access to ToneCloud to download thousands of amp models.
- BIAS Professional ($199.00) adds Amp Matching Technology, Exclusive Amp Matching Models on ToneCloud, and three Amp Design Expansion Packs (Glassy Pack, Crunch Pack and Insane Pack).
Details are available at the Positive Grid site.