Electro-Harmonix recently reintroduced the Clockworks Rhythm Generator/Synthesizer.
The Clockworks doesn’t create sound on its own, but generates pulses to trigger other devices. The Clockworks has four separate clock channels (driven from the same master clock) that can connect up to four devices, so creating polyrhythms is also easy.
They have released a new video demo, above, that shows it being used to trigger a variety of electronic music gear.
- Works as a master clock for sequencers and drum machines
- Generates pulses to trigger devices like electronic percussion products
- Connect up to four devices to the four separate clock channels driven from the same master clock. Creating polyrhythms is fun and easy
- Master clock can be generated internally by the Clockworks or come from an outside source
- Fully analog
- Supplied with an EHX 18VDC/500mA AC Adapter
The new Clockworks is a reissue of the classic pedal, but in a modern die-cast package. It has an MSRP of $293.73 and a street price of about half that. See the EHX site for details.