Rej Poirier of Single Cell Software has introduced Caustic Editor for Volca Sample – a free, multiplatform (Android, iOS, Mac & Windows) app that lets you import, load, record, edit and upload samples for the Korg Volca Sample.
“Korg were nice enough to open up their volca sample SDK to 3rd parties,” says Poirer, “so I took a few days to rip out Caustic’s WAV editor and turn it into a stand-alone, multi-platform tool.”
“It was taken from my Caustic 3.2 working branch,” he adds, “so it even has a few more functions than what’s in Caustic 3.1!”
- Record your own samples using your device’s built-in microphone.
- Load any uncompressed, mono or stereo WAV, at any sampling rate or bit depth
- Apply any of 16 of Caustic’s effects and preview them in real-time, then stamp down and apply more.
- Process waveform audio with Fade In/Out, Normalize, Amplify, Reverse, etc.
- Use Caustic’s C-SFXR to generate retro video game sounds.
- Trim audio precisely, down to individual samples.
- View the frequency spectrum of your audio.
- iOS-Only Features:
- iOS: Audiobus compatible (receiver)
- iOS: AudioShare compatible (import/export)
- iOS: AudioCopy/Paste compatible (import/export)
- iOS: iTunes file sharing support
- iOS: Open In… support for .wav files.
- Volca Sample-specific features:
- Upload to any of the 100 sample slots and keep a database of your device’s state.
- Clear all samples
- Restore factory samples
- Monitor device memory
Caustic Editor for Volca Sample is a free download via the Single Cell Software site. The iOS version is in the approval process.