NOIISE has released FLUX:FX – a professional multi-effect audio processor app for the iPad that lets you ‘play’ your effects.
”FLUX:FX makes sounds that I have never heard before from any other piece of equipment,” says co-creator Adrian Belew (King Crimson, Eno, Talking Heads, Nine Inch Nails). “It can truly mangle any signal you put into it… in a good way!”
“The touch controls means that I can actually PLAY the effects,” adds Belew. “Say I’m playing a guitar solo, I’ll lean over and noodle with it and create some wacky guitar sounds. This app is just so creatively inspiring and fun to use.”
Here are the official intro videos:
- FLUX:FX offers over 30 effects to choose from, and you can chain 5 together for maximum aural impact.
- POWERFUL SEQUENCER: A touch-based automation sequencer for your effects that adds a completely new fluid dimension to your sound design.
- DEEP EDITING: Every parameter of every effect is editable, assignable and with the fine tuner dial, precise.
- TRANSPARENT INTERFACE DESIGN: FLUX:FX has a minimalist interface combining easy-to-use controls with a liquid polygon audio visualizer.
- PLAYS WITH EVERYTHING – Audiobus compatibility (including saved states), Inter-App Audio compatibility, MIDI, virtually all the audio interfaces..
- COMPLEX SOUND, EASY TO USE – chopping, shaping, crushing and looping – FLUX:FX can take you from subtle modulating echoes through to wrecking-ball destruction, all with a swipe of a finger.
- LOWEST POSSIBLE LATENCY – FLUX:FX features low-latency settings for professional performance capabilities.
Available audio building blocks:
• STUTTER LOOP
• REVERSE LOOP
• LOOP SLICE
• SAMPLE SCRATCH
• ULTRA EQ
• KILL EQ
• LOWPASS FILTER
• HIGHPASS FILTER
• BANDPASS FILTER
• RESONANT DRONE
• PITCH DELAY
• OCTAVE SHIFT
• RING MODULATE
• AUTO PAN
• DIGITAL DELAY
• BINAURAL DELAY
• TAPE ECHO
• SCATTER VERB
Plus a master LIMITER to keep all the sonic chaos in check.
FLUX:FX is available now for US $19.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used FLUX:FX, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!