We’re continuing our round up of the best 0f 2014 with a look at the 10 best new mobile music apps of 2014.
Mobile music software was another category where there was an embarrassment of riches in terms of new apps, primarily on iOS. On Android, Caustic 3 remains one of the best examples of the platform’s potentials, while on iOS, it would be easy to get jaded by the steady stream of great new apps.
Based on trends towards the end of 2014, we expect to see developers giving Android more love in the new year, but for iOS to remain the dominant mobile music making platform for the near future.
Here is our take on the 10 best new mobile music making apps of 2014:
The 10 Best New Mobile Music Apps Of 2014
- Korg Gadget
- Audiobus 2
- Z3TA+ For iPad
- PPG WaveMapper 2.0
- Sector Stochastic Sample Slice Sequencer
- iVCS3 Virtual EMS VCS3 Synthesizer
- Crystalline ‘Shimmer’ Effects Processor
- Caustic for Android & iOS
- Arturia iProphet Virtual Sequential Circuits Prophet VS
- FM4 FM Synthesizer
It was tough narrowing the list down to just 10 apps. Here are some of the other notable introductions of 2014:
- Effectrix Multi-Effects Sequencer
- GrooveMaker 2 For iPad
- VirSyn microTera Waveshaping Synth
- Lemur 5
- Final Touch Mastering System
- Audulus For iPhone
- B-Step Sequencer
- Wooji Juice Mitosynth Additive/Wavetable Synth
- PreSonus Capture 32-Track Audio Recorder
- Laplace Physical Modeling Synthesizer For iPad
What do you think of the state of mobile music making apps in 2014? And what was your favorite new mobile music app of the year?