Kilpatrick has made a few updates, in response to requests from their Kickstarter backers. Here’s what they have to say about the changes:
We listened to comments from Kickstarter backers and beta testers and made a number of improvements.
These include new controls for envelope modes, a new arp mode for making interesting musical envelopes and LFOs, as well as a full set of 1/4″ jacks on the rear panel with dedicated headphone and line outs.
Phenol is a new synthesizer designed by Kilpatrick Audio. It is designed to bring the fun and creative potential of a modular analog synthesizer to more people, by offering an ‘attractive and approachable’ musical instrument.
Phenol is 100% compatible with modular systems, because it uses the same voltages and banana connectors as the Kilpatrick Format and similar modular synthesizers.
- Banana patch system with colour-coded jacks and voltages compatible with Kilpatrick Format and other modular systems
- Two analog VCOs – triangle, ramp and pulse outputs
- Two analog filters (low pass and high pass)
- Two analog VCAs with level control
- Two envelope generator / LFO combos with many unique features
- An LFO with sine and random output
- Internal MIDI to CV converter with DIN and USB MIDI interfaces
- Compact mixer with digital delay with over 330ms of delay time
- Digital pulse divider – divide MIDI clock or LFO output to create 4 musical time divisions
- Buffered mixer / mult / inverter with level control
- External audio input allows a stereo input to be patched like an oscillator signal – process your drum machine or other source through the system
- Rear panel connections / controls:
- USB-B port for USB MIDI connection to a PC / Mac
- Headphone and line outputs (1/4″ jacks)
- Power button
- DC power input – 2.1mm coax – centre positive 24VDC
- Ground banana jack
- External input (1/4″ jacks)
- Universal input power supply (100-240V) included (shipped with North American plug)
- Approx. dimensions: 15.8?W x 9.0?L x 2.5?H (including feet and knobs)
- Warranty: 1 year
The Phenol is expected to ship in June 2015, priced at US $849. For more on the Phenol, see the Kilpatrick Audio site.