Developers of the Oval MIDI instrument have already met their Kickstarter funding goal for the production of the new controller.
The Oval is a new MIDI controller design and can be used with a dedicated mobile app or with other MIDI applications.
Here’s the official intro video for the Oval:
Here’s a performance demo, Murmur by Ravid Goldschmidt:
- Play any sound you can imagine whilst connected to your smartphone or tablet.
- The Oval works via an App but you can also use any MIDI compatible software.
- Design your own sounds, scales and songs.
- Create your own compositions and use the App’s live-performance mode – it has been specifically designed to get the most out of your Oval.
- Multi Sensing Pad with velocity and X/Y location.
- Pressure sensitive sensors for higher expression control, more organic sound, and complex possibilities such as using multiple layers of samples.
- Illuminated PADS provide visual cues for follow along mode, metronome mode, and musical games.
- The external case is made of Solid Surface composed by natural materials –minerals like bauxite, marble and quartz–, natural resins and acrylic.
- The Oval is light, portable, durable, minimal, simple and energetically self-sufficient.
- The Oval is ergonomically designed and can be played in many ways.
The Oval is available to project backers for 399 Euros. Shipping is planned for May 2016. See the project site for details.