Output has announced the release of Exhale, which they have dubbed “the first truly modern” vocal engine.
“As musicians, we’ve always wanted a vocal instrument that was cool, creative and modern,” says Output Founder Gregg Lehrman. “So we decided to build it!”
To develop EXHALE, Output enlisted a team of record producers, vocalists and sound designers to “capture, manipulate and shape” the vocal sounds.
Here’s the official video intro:
The Exhale engine features three separate modes: Notes for chromatic playing, Loops for looping vocal elements, and Slices for sliced vocal phrases. The user can find and customize their sound on the Main page using 4 Macro sliders, or delve deeply into modulation, mixing and effects on the Engines page.
Output Exhale Key Features:
- 500 presets
- Real vocalists
- 3 Modes; Notes, Loops and Slices
- All Phrases, Loops and Slices lock to tempo
- 4 central Macro sliders unique to each Preset
- LFO and Step Sequencer modulation
- Complete effects control
- Convolution reverb engine
- Engine page for shaping sounds
- Smart tagging preset menu
- Simple design and ease of use
Output Exhale System Requirements:
- Exhale runs in Native Instruments’ Kontakt or Free Kontakt player, version 5.3.1 or higher
- Mac OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8 or higher is recommended
- Windows 7 or higher
- At least 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended), and 18 GB of free drive space
- Access to a stable internet connection for digital delivery
Pricing and Availability
The Output Exhale vocal engine is available now on Output’s webstore and via authorized Output dealers. Regularly priced at $199, Exhale is available to existing Output customers for an introductory price of $179 through November 30, 2015. More information is available at the Output website.