Like something out of a William Gibson novel, virtual vocalist Hatsune Miku has ‘announced’ plans for a 2016 US concert tour.
Hatsune Miku – whose name translates to ‘sound of the future’ – is a anime vocalist, with a voice synthesized using Yamaha’s Vocaloid. Vocaloid works by combining text with note and performance information, entered on a piano roll interface.
In performances, Hatsune Miku’s animated image is presented as a hologram-style projection, with its movements synchronized with the synthesized vocal track.
- April 23 in Seattle, WaMu Theater
- April 30 in San Francisco, The Warfield
- May 6 in Los Angeles, Microsoft Theater
- May 14 in Dallas, The Bomb Factory
- May 20 in Toronto, Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
- May 28 in New York, Hammerstein Ballroom