2016 NAMM Show: TASCAM has introduced their new VL-S3BT monitors – a set of entry-level monitors with Bluetooth support.
The 2-way powered monitors include a 3” woofer and rear ported design. A pair of RCA inputs accepts any line-level input, and a stereo 1/4” to RCA cable is included.
The company says that the VL-S3BT’s are designed for home studios, video editing, or Portastudios.
The added Bluetooth feature allows instant playback from your smartphone or tablet from anywhere in the room, without the need to plug in any wires. Both aptX and AAC codecs are included for the best possible audio quality, and one-touch pairing makes setup simple. A 1/8” stereo mini jack is also available for plugging in MP3 players and other devices.
An efficient 14W per side stereo power amplifier drives the two monitors. The compact, ported cabinets fit almost anywhere.
- 2-way Powered Studio Monitors
- 3-inch woofer with rear ported cabinet
- Bluetooth playback with one-touch pairing
- Supports aptX, AAC, and SBC Bluetooth codecs
- 1/2-inch tweeter
- Efficient 14W per side power amplifier
- Stereo RCA and 1/8” mini jack inputs
- Stereo 1/4” to RCA connection cable included
- Crossover frequency: 8kHz
- Frequency response: 80Hz – 22kHz
- Compact design – 4.3” x 6.7” x 5.4”
The VL-S3BT monitors are available now with a street price of about US $100.