Kymatica has introduced AUM – a new audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
AUM is designed to let you connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
- You can route anything to anywhere, with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
- AUM also lets you play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
- Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed).
- Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing.
- Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
- Synchronize everything with the sample-accurate transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network.
- Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
- All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
Here’s a video overview:[vimeo https://vimeo.com/156075646]
- High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
- Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
- Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
- Unlimited* number of channels
- Unlimited* number of effect slots
- Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
- Internal busses for mixing or effect sends
- Supports multi-channel audio interfaces
- Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
- Audiobus state saving
- Highly accurate transport clock
- Metronome and optional pre-roll
- Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
- Play in time with Ableton Link
- FilePlayer with sync and looping, access to all AudioShare files
- Records straight into AudioShare storage space
- Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
- Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
- Separate Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
- Built-in MIDI keyboard
- Fully MIDI controllable
- MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
Built-in Signal Processing
- Stereo balance
- Stereo to mono
- Stereo panning
- Mid/Side balance
- Mid/Side to/from Stereo convert
- Invert phase
Filters & EQ
- Parametric EQ
- Low-shelf filter
- High-shelf filter
- Low-pass resonant filter
- High-pass resonant filter
- Hard clip
- Lookahead peak limiter
Additionally, you can use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App audio app.
Kymatica AUM is available at an introductory price of US $9.99 (50% off).