Zynthian is a open hardware platform, currently in development, that promises to be a ‘swiss army knife of synthesis’, equipped with multiple engines, filters and effects.
Zynthian’s hardware specification is public and the software is open source, so the platform is designed to be fully hackable.
- Powerful CPU: ARMv8 x 4 cores, 64 bits, 1.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM (Raspberry Pi 3)
- High Quality Audio Interface: 24 bits, 96kHz (HifiBerry DAC+)
- Touch Screen 2.8″
- 32 GB of storage (SD Card)
- Up to 5 MIDI instruments simultaneously (4 x USB, 1 x MIDI-IN)
- Line Audio Output (Jack & RCA)
- Headphones Audio Output (mini-Jack)
- Ethernet Network (RJ-45)
- 802.11n Wireless LAN (WIFI)
- Bluetooth 4.1 & BLE
- HDMI (future applications)
- Polyphonic Complex Synthesis (ZynAddSubFX)
- Wavetable Synthesis (FluidSynth & LinuxSampler)
- Hammond B3 Emulation (setBfree)
- DX7 Emulation (Dexed)
- Effects & Filters
Details on Zynthian are available at the project site.