Nektar has introduced the Impact LX49+ and LX61+ USB MIDI controllers for iOS, Mac OS X, Windows & Linux.
The controllers offer custom integration with Bitwig, Cubase, Digital Performer, FL Studio, GarageBand, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Sonar and Studio One.
- Nektar DAW Integration for Bitwig Studio/8-Track, Cubase, Digital Performer, FL Studio, GarageBand, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Sonar and Studio One
- 49 or 61 note full size, ultra-dynamic velocity sensitive keybed
- Pitch bend and Modulation wheels
- Octave and transpose buttons
- 3 digit LED display
- 9 faders
- 9 fader buttons
- 8 pots
- Mixer and Instrument buttons with LED indicator for Nektar DAW Integration
- Preset button with LED indicator for generic MIDI control
- 5 user configurable presets
- Page button with two LED’s for Nektar DAW integration switch between User and Default mapping.
- Default Instrument mapping screen printing in blue for Nektar DAW Integration
- Dedicated Track and Patch buttons
- 6 Transport buttons with additional shift functionality
- 8 hyper sensitive pads, LED backlit with 4 color options
- 4 pad maps
- Clips and Scenes buttons for Nektar DAW Integration
- Foot switch socket
- Power on/off button
- USB connector
- USB class compliant compatible with OS X, Windows, Linux and iOS (via camera connection kit)
- Full version of Bitwig 8-Track included
The 49 or 61 note velocity sensitive keyboard offers synth-style action, with a medium tension. The keyboards offer full-size keys, 4 velocity curves, 3 fixed velocity level options, octave and transpose buttons, as well as pitch bend and mod wheels.
Nine 30mm faders, 9 MIDI buttons and 8 encoders are at the center of Impact LX49’s control panel. Each control is fully programmable to send any MIDI CC message for use with hardware or software MIDI products. Used with Nektar DAW integration, the controls provide pre-mapped DAW control, giving you the best of both worlds. Control settings can be stored in any of the 5 Impact LX+ presets for recall.
For groove and beat creation, the Impact LX’+s offer 8 velocity-sensitive pads. Each pad can be assigned any MIDI note number or MIDI cc message for use as MIDI trigger or toggle buttons.
6 dedicated transport buttons are always within reach and mapped to control Cycle, Rewind, Forward, Stop, Play and Record. Press Shift to get access to alternate functions such as Goto L, Set L, Set R, Undo, Click and Mode. Dedicated Track up/down and Patch up/down buttons are located below the display.
- 49 note (61 on LX61+) velocity-sensitive synth-action keyboard
- 4 velocity curves + 3 fixed
- Pitch bend & Modulation wheels
- Octave shift buttons
- Transpose shift buttons
- 8 potentiometers
- 9 30mm faders
- 9 assignable buttons
- 6 dedicated transport buttons
- 5 preset locations store control settings
- Page button (for Nektar DAW Integration only)
- Nektar DAW Integration for major DAWs
- 8 velocity sensitive pads
- Each pad LED illuminated with 4 color options: Green, Yellow, Orange and Red
- 4 velocity curves plus 3 fixed
- Pads assignable notes and MIDI cc messages
- Load or Save to any of 4 pad maps
- Clips and Scenes LED buttons
- 1/4” TS jack foot switch input (MIDI Assignable)
- USB port on rear panel, and USB bus powered
- Connects to iPad via Apple Camera Connection Kit (not supplied)
Pricing and Availability
The Impact LX49+ and LX61+ are expected to be available at the end of July:
- US $199.99/179.99 EUR/£139.99 GBP for the Impact LX49+
- US $299.99/199.99 EUR/£169.99 GBP for the Impact LX61+
Details on the new controllers are available at the Nektar site.