Polish startup Polyend has announced that the PERC – a MIDI-controlled system for playing acoustic percussion instruments – is now available. All pre-orders have been shipped.
The PERC system can be combined with any set of drums to create a robotic virtual drummer, to augment a traditional drum kit or to create live acoustic drumming that explores territory that might be impossible for a human drummer.
The PERC Kits include PERC Controller, PERC Balls, dedicated mounts and cables.
The PERC Controller is capable of operating up to three PERC Balls. To operate more, several controllers can be connected together.
PERC Controller IN/OUT:
- 1x MIDI DIN in
- 1x MIDI USB in
- 3x Drum Gate in
- 3x CV Velocity in
- 1x MIDI DIN thru
- 1x MIDI DIN out
- 3x PERC Ball outPERC Controller POWER:
- IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100 and 240 volts at 50 to 60 Hz; 280 watts maximum power consumption
Pricing and Availability
- $1299 for set with three beaters
- $1099 for set with two beaters
- $899 for set with one beater