French electronic music composer and producer Jean-Michel Jarre has announced plans for his first North American concert tour.
We had the chance to sit down with Jarre and talk with him about his Oxygène Trilogy (in part 1 of our interview) and also his plans for the upcoming tour.
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces His First North American Tour
Jarre says that the shows will be ‘an immersive musical journey’, and will feature new music from his two-part Electronica album, his latest album Oxygene 3 and music from classic albums like Oxygene and Equinoxe.
Here’s a video of Jarre performing his track, The Time Machine, from Electronica 1, at a recent European concert:
Jarre is also up for a Grammy Award. His album Electronica 1: The Time Machine is nominated for “Best Dance/Electronic Album.” The first of a two-part album, it features a who’s-who list of collaborators.
North American Concert Dates:
- 5/9/2017 Toronto, ON Canada – Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
- 5/11/2017 Montreal, QC Canada – Bell Centre
- 5/16/2017 Boston, MA – Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
- 5/18/2017 Upper Darby, PA – Tower Theatre
- 5/20/2017 New York, NY – Radio City Music Hall
- 5/22/2017 Chicago, IL – Auditorium Theatre
- 5/24/2017 Broomfield, CO – 1st Bank Center
- 5/26/2017 Berkeley, CA – The Greek Theatre
- 5/27/2017 Los Angeles, CA – Microsoft Theater