Deckard’s Dream – a new 8-voice polyphonic analogue synthesizer inspired by the sounds of Vangelis and the Yamaha CS-80 – is now available to preorder, in both pre-built and DIY versions.
Here are the details:
- 16 VCOs – 8-voice polyphony with two independent synthesizer layers per voice, discrete waveshapers help to reproduce the oddness of the original waveforms. Autotune keeps all 16 VCOs tracking perfectly, with detune settings for a vintage feel.
- Polyphonic aftertouch and MPE – MIDI polyphonic aftertouch gives deckard’s dream expression that has only been possible on a very small number of synthesizers. MPE technology (using controllers by ROLI, LinnStrument, Haken) takes this even further with the addition of poly pitch bend.
- DIY Version Available – DIY kits with all digital SMT parts preinstalled. A very detailed building manual, large thru-hole components and a simple calibration procedure will allow even beginners to build this kit.
- MIDI, USB, VST/AU editor – With the addition of MIDI implementation, 256 presets and a software editor provided by Spektro Audio, this vintage inspired poly synth is at home in any modern studio.
- Analogue effects and CV inputs – 1U rackmount expander is coming later this summer: 16 assignable CV inputs, analogue ring-modulator and chorus, missing Sustain I/II controls. may be used as a standalone effects box and a cv-2-midi convertor.
Deckard’s Dream Preview:
- 8-voice polyphonic analogue synthesizer
- Fully analogue signal path
- 2 synthesis layers per voice
- 256 presets
- VCO with square, saw and sine waveforms
- PWM with sine-wave LFO
- Manual PW (50-90%)
- 12dB HP and LP discrete filters with separate resonance controls
- ADSR filter envelope with adjustable initial and attack levels
- ADSR VCA envelope
- Velocity and aftertouch controls for filter brilliance and volume levels
- Global coarse/fine tune
- VCO2 detune
- LFO with sine, saw, ramp, square and stepped random waveforms
- LFO destinations: VCO, VCF, VCA
- Crossfade between layers 1 and 2
- Global filter brilliance and resonance control for additional resonance
- Polyphonic aftertouch destinations: LFO speed, LFO to VCO amount, LFO to VCF amount, filter brilliance, volume level
- Keyboard tracking adjustment for VCF and VCA
- MIDI/MPE with polyphonic aftertouch
- Polyphonic pitchbend
- MIDI over USB
- 128 factory and 128 user presets
- Alternate scales and tunings
- Software editor by Spektro Audio
- 128×64 OLED display
- DC input jack (9-24V)
- External modulation input jack (1/4″)
- Expander jack (DIN5)
- USB jack (type B, device/host)
- MIDI IN jack (DIN5)
- MIDI THRU jack (DIN5)
- AUDIO OUT LOW jack (1/4″)
- AUDIO OUT HIGH jack (1/4″)
- 19? 4U rack-mount
- Weight: ~ 5.4 kg (11.9 lbs) incl external PSU brick.
Pricing and Availability
Deckard’s Dream is available now to pre-order, priced at US $3749 for the pre-built synth and $999 for the DIY version (additional components expected to cost around $1,000.