Audulus LLC has released Audulus 3.4 – a free update for all Audulus platforms that lets you access up to 16 audio and control voltage (CV) inputs and outputs, using two-new nodes called ADC (analog-to-digital converter) and DAC (digital-to-analog converter).
With the ADC and DAC nodes, Audulus users can take full advantage of DC-coupled audio interfaces, such as the Expert Sleepers ES-8 and the Universal Audio Apollo, and connect Audulus modular systems with hardware modular gear.
Audulus shared several videos, above and below, that demonstrate using the new version with the Expert Sleepers ES-8 interface to connect it with hardware.
Here are some ways that they suggest the new I/O features can be used:
- Sending and receiving simultaneous audio, modulation, and envelope CVs to up to 4 Eurorack filters for true analog filter polyphony
- Clocking multiple Korg Volcas at different speeds or divisions of a master clock
- Sequencing analog synthesizers with volt-per-octave (VPO) signals
- Receiving multiple DC signals from hardware controllers like CV joysticks and ribbon controllers for ultra-high
- resolution control over your digital synthesizers
- Receiving, quantizing, and sending out analog VPO signals
- Generating LFOs and envelopes of any imaginable shape
- Using stompboxes on a send & return within your Audulus patches
- Cloning, adapting, and modifying true work-alikes of digital and analog Eurorack modules
- Generating quadraphonic or surround-sound-style effects for keyboards and guitar
- Receiving an analog master clock and generating divisions, probability triggers, or Euclidean-style rhythm sequencing (or mix of all!)
- Storing, recalling, and rapidly switching between different modular synth patch routings
- Analyzing a guitar’s pitch and volume envelope within Audulus and converting them to an analog VPO and envelope signal
- Using Audulus as a multi-effect rack with 4 mono inputs and outputs or 2 stereo inputs and outputs (with an Expert Sleepers ES-8)
Here’s an audio example of Audulus sequencing VPO signals and envelopes through an Expert Sleepers ES-8:
Pricing and Availability
Audulus is available for iOS for US $19.99, and for Mac, Windows & Linux for $49.99. For more details, see the Audulus site.