Native Instruments has released Reaktor Blocks 1.3, an update to their virtual modular system, that introduces a new Blocks family: Kodiak.
These five modules are not modeled on specific hardware. Instead, Native says that the modules are designed to ‘combine analog character with digital power’.
- Duality OSC is a dual oscillator that adds innovative wave-shaping to Blocks. It offers phase-, frequency-, amplitude-, and timbre-modulation, and is ideal for growling basses, vibrant leads, and rich percussion.
- Shift Sequencer is an unconventional step sequencer. It has independent sequence-length and direction controls for pitch, octave, velocity, hold, and gate, making polyrhythmic sequencing easy.
- Curve Sequencer takes a modern classic – MASSIVE’s stepped modulation sequencer – and places it in the Blocks rack. It enables complex stepped modulation, perfect for electronic music.
- Morph Filter delivers a triple-resonant filter bank designed to morph between settings for vowel sounds, chords, or percussion.
- Flip Gen is a versatile tone generator and experimental noise source. It is perfect for generating bleepy sequences, bell-like FM, morse, pitched noise, crackly textures, and for use as a creatively random modulator.
Blocks 1.3 also includes five new ensembles, each one a synthesizer in its own right. They showcase the five new modules, with over 195 new presets, covering everything from self-generating polyrhythmic techno grooves to Daft Punk-style vowel-filtered leads.
Pricing and Availability
Blocks 1.3 is part of Reaktor 6, which is available for $199 / 199 € / ¥ 24,800 / £169 / AU$279.. The update is free to current Reaktor 6 users.