Developer Igor Vasiliev has introduced SynthScaper, a new iOS software synth that’s designed for creating a wide range of ambient soundscapes.
SynthScaper lets you create melodic pads or atonal soundscapes, using built-in or downloaded samples, multi-layered oscillators, chains of filters and effects, envelope generators and low frequency oscillators.
SynthScaper Video Demo:
- Three independent oscillators.
- Three layers with own samples in each oscillator.
- Six voices in each layer.
- Six envelope generators.
- Six low frequency oscillators.
- Separate arpeggiator for each oscillator.
- General processing of level, balance, LPF, HPF for each layer.
- Three additional slots for filters and effects after each oscillator.
- Set of different kind of filters and effect modules.
- Spatial mixer with two different sound space.
- Screen keyboard adapted for continuous drones and soundscapes.
- Predefined set of keyboard scales and custom scales.
- Full screen, double and split features for screen keyboard.
- Options of screen keyboard for pitch, continuous, modify, velocity.
- Supports for two virtual and two MIDI keyboards at the same time.
- Flexible assigning keyboards and controls to the oscillators.
- Two main effects controls can combine several parameters.
- Uploading samples thru Dropbox, Web access, clipboard.
- Auto and manual tuning of samples with frequency analyzer.
- Set of predefined and ready-to-use scenes and presets.
- Built-in library of samples of instruments, synths, noises, etc.
- Detailed application description.
- Inter-App audio compatible (with transport and BPM controls).
- Supports Audiobus with “State Saving” feature.
Recommended at least iPhone 6 / iPad Mini 4 / iPad Air 2 and higher.
Pricing and Availability
SynthScaper is available now for US $9.99.
If you’ve used SynthScaper, share your thoughts on it in the comments!
9 thoughts on “SynthScaper Soundscapes Synthesizer Now Available For iOS”
This app would be even better with MPE.
Great bit of work! Would love to see more of the editing – but sounds awesome.
Vasiliev strikes again! awesome. my only gripe with his apps is that they all sound somewhat similar and have a somewhat overlapping feature set. also i’m hoping he can revisit soundscaper and fieldscaper to complete the midi implementation …
Can the spatial mixer be modulated or automated? I expected to be able to make the oscillators drift about.
seems to sound great.
Wow, this looks great! That interface looks really polished. $10 is an excellent price too. Doesn’t seem like it’s too far from being a nice sample based synth. Would be super to see time stretching/compressing for the oscillator samples, even offline. Setting loop points on the oscillator samples and tight integration with FieldScraper and SoundScraper to crop and grab samples would be cool too. Seems to have everything else covered though.
sounds great – looks like it came off of a star trek set.
This guy makes great stuff. I’m crazy about FieldScaper. Brilliant piece of software.
Been in love with Soundscaper for months now and not surprised that Synthscaper sounds as good as it does. Great app for those who like to lose themselves in sound design for several hours.