Developer Igor Vasiliev has introduced SynthScaper, a new iOS software synth that’s designed for creating a wide range of ambient soundscapes.
SynthScaper lets you create melodic pads or atonal soundscapes, using built-in or downloaded samples, multi-layered oscillators, chains of filters and effects, envelope generators and low frequency oscillators.
SynthScaper Video Demo:
- Three independent oscillators.
- Three layers with own samples in each oscillator.
- Six voices in each layer.
- Six envelope generators.
- Six low frequency oscillators.
- Separate arpeggiator for each oscillator.
- General processing of level, balance, LPF, HPF for each layer.
- Three additional slots for filters and effects after each oscillator.
- Set of different kind of filters and effect modules.
- Spatial mixer with two different sound space.
- Screen keyboard adapted for continuous drones and soundscapes.
- Predefined set of keyboard scales and custom scales.
- Full screen, double and split features for screen keyboard.
- Options of screen keyboard for pitch, continuous, modify, velocity.
- Supports for two virtual and two MIDI keyboards at the same time.
- Flexible assigning keyboards and controls to the oscillators.
- Two main effects controls can combine several parameters.
- Uploading samples thru Dropbox, Web access, clipboard.
- Auto and manual tuning of samples with frequency analyzer.
- Set of predefined and ready-to-use scenes and presets.
- Built-in library of samples of instruments, synths, noises, etc.
- Detailed application description.
- Inter-App audio compatible (with transport and BPM controls).
- Supports Audiobus with “State Saving” feature.
Recommended at least iPhone 6 / iPad Mini 4 / iPad Air 2 and higher.
Pricing and Availability
SynthScaper is available now for US $9.99.
If you’ve used SynthScaper, share your thoughts on it in the comments!