In this video, synth designer Wolfgang Palm introduces his new PPG Infinite iPad app.
The design builds upon technologies Palm pioneered with his earlier synths, and is Palm’s ‘dream synth’:
“This has always been my dream,” says Palm. “A system which can reproduce all kinds of sounds and transform them into a universal set of parameters. Thus all these sounds are completely morphable.”
- New system which can synthesize harmonic and inharmonic sounds
- Morpher – X/Y controller which morphes 5 user selectable sine resources
- Noiser – X/Y controller morphing 3 noise resources and performing modulations on the tonal part
- Molder – acts as a digital filter with any amaginable filter sweeps
- Two detail editor pages for the Sine resources featuring a 3D display
- Import WTS and TCS files from the iPad WaveGenerator and WaveMapper
- Import Phonem utterances and use them in the Infinite Molder
- Versatile matrix system – allowing 16 sources to control 40 parameters
- 10 Envelopes, for control of filter sweeps, waveform, noise and many modulations
- 4 LFOs which can be freely routed via the matrix
- Delay/Reverb effect
- Overdrive/Distortion effect
- A/B compare your edited sounds
- AU extension – run multiple Infinite instances in AU hosts
- IAA – inter-app audio support
- Audiobus 2 with statesaving
- Export audio to AudioShare
- Preset browser with new listing filters
- Directly accessible context help for each module
- Freely configurable schematic keypads, with extremely expressive modulation options
- 4 Keypads play modes: Poly, Mono, Legato and Multitrigger.
- 4 MIDI modes: Omni, Poly, Mono, and Voice-Per-Channel.
Pricing and availability for PPG Infinite are still to be announced.