Rane DJ today introduced a new family of ‘Battle Ready’ DJ products, the Seventy-Two Battle Mixer and the Twelve Battle Controller.
The Seventy-Two Battle Mixer
The Rane Seventy-Two, above, offers dual DJ support, with two USB computer connections for seamless hand-offs.
A 4.3-inch color touch screen interface not only shows Serato’s moving waveforms and their cue points, but also brings an interactive experience to FX workflows, with two internal FLEX FX engines and stacked Serato Effects.
The Seventy-Two also intros Rane’s Mag Three Fader – a touchless, tension-adjustable fader.
- Solid steel construction—built like a tank for non-stop, heavy-duty use
- (3) Mag Three tension adjustable faders for crossfader and channel faders with reverse,
contour controls, and cut-in adjustment
- 4.3” Touchscreen for moving wave display, FX control, song selection and user customizations
- Dual Flex FX engines, one for each channel
- Chain-integrated Serato Software Effect control plus one internal Flex Effect per channel
- Dual USB connections for DJ handoffs
- 16 Akai MPC-style performance pads w/RGB backlight, adjustable threshold and aftertouch, with
independent mode controls per deck.
- Two microphone inputs – combo Neutrik, on/off, tone, mic/line level switches
- RCA Phono/CD and CD inputs for each deck
- RCA session Inputs/outputs, balanced XLR, Main Out, balanced 1?4”, Booth Out
- SERATO DJ DVS license built in, with Serato DVS Vinyl included
- Assignable USB controller inputs for Rane TWELVE Battle Controller
The Twelve Battle Controller
Rane DJ presents the Twelve Battle Controller, right, a motorized DJ control system without needle skippage or tone arm hopping.
The Twelve has all the characteristics and simplicity of a “traditional” direct-drive turntable, but without the hassle of needles and skipping tone arms. Keeping things consistent with a familiar turntable layout and size, the only clear differentiator is a precision, multi-function touch strip for track searching and setting or triggering hot cues in place of the tone arm.
Ranes says that, with the Twelve, you can ‘scratch and play with all the direct spontaneity and creativity of a turntablist, but with the precision, repeatability and durability of the best digitally-based solutions.’
- Full 12” Vinyl with motorized platter to control playback
- Traditional, familiar turntable layout, no need to learn something new
- Strip Search with 8 hot cue triggers access
- 5.0 kfcm High torque motor with Hi/Low torque adjust for more traditional setups
- 4 decks of control so you can use one, two or more
- Extreme precision—3600 ticks of platter resolution for seamless performance
- MIDI interface via USB that can be connected to the SEVENTY-TWO or your computer
- 33 1/3 and 45 rpm platter speeds
- 8/16/50% pitch with precise dual resolution detented slider
- Top Panel rotary and traditional Motor Off switch, allows traditional wind down effects
- Serato DJ OSA READY
Pricing and Availability