Algoriddim has introduced djay Pro 2, an update to the macOS DJ software that brings artificial intelligence to DJ mixing, an improved audio engine and more.
Here’s what’s new in djay Pro 2:
- djay Pro 2 introduces library editing features that make music management easier than ever. Create your own custom playlists using songs from iTunes, Spotify, and the file system.
- Split Mode – In library split mode, you can view your songs from iTunes, Spotify, and Finder side by side. This allows you to manage songs from multiple sources in parallel and with unprecedented efficiency and flexibility.
- Smart Filters and Playlists – To help you organize playlists and quickly locate songs, djay Pro 2 includes a powerful Smart Filter. With 12 different criteria, you can create rules that display what you need, either to create permanent playlists, or to temporarily find a specific song.
- Single Deck Mode – In this track preparation view, you are presented with an even bigger library and a large single deck view, ideal for preparing cue points, loops, and beat grids.
- djay Pro is the first DJ software that integrates with Spotify, giving you instant access to millions of songs. Spotify integration in djay includes all of your existing playlists, starred and saved songs, powerful search capabilities, charts, browse, and Match for intelligent song recommendations.
- Automix AI – Using machine learning and training sets from human DJs, Automix AI intelligently identifies rhythmic patterns and the best intro and outro sections of songs. Automix AI calculates optimal fade durations and automatically applies parameter changes to EQs and filters for a seamless transition.
- PhotoBeat – You can simply drag an album or a selection of photos onto the visual decks and djay Pro 2 instantly creates a beat-matched slideshow based on the music that is playing. You can also apply effects to your photos in just the same way as video, as well project the visual output via an external monitor through HDMI or AirPlay.
- Saved Loops and Cue Points – djay Pro 2 allows you to save up to 8 loops and cue points. You can now also assign names to all your saved loops and cue points.
- New Audio Engine – djay Pro 2 offers low latency, better speed and accuracy with track analysis and the creation of the highest resolution waveforms. Effects, EQs, filters and loops all benefit from major quality enhancements.
- Post-fader FX – Audio effects have been significantly improved in djay Pro 2. Effects can now be assigned post fader so that closing a fader no longer means shutting off effects tails.
- Keyboard Shortcut Editor – djay Pro 2 includes a full keyboard editor which allows you to assign any feature in djay Pro 2 to a custom keyboard shortcut. This is especially useful if you work with a laptop and want to add frequently used features to your setup via the keyboard.
- Four decks
- Video mode with photos integration
- Single Deck view: prepare your tracks and library
- Automix view
- Modular design with customizable tools, sampler and FX configurations
- Instant access to over 20 million songs(requires Spotify Premium subscription)
- Playlists, Songs, Charts, Browse
- Match: cloud-based song recommendations
- Instant access to BPM and Key information through the cloud
- On-the-fly playlist editing and song saving
- Drag & Drop from Spotify app
- Powerful audio streaming technology: ultra-low latency, advanced effects, on-the-fly analysis
- Spotify + iTunes
- “My Library” section to create your own playlists
- Create smart playlists with tracks from iTunes, Spotify, and the file system
- Powerful track filtering: filter any playlist by BPM, key, and other attributes
- Split mode: show two library sources side by side
- Instant preview
- Inline search
- Expanded mode
- Live sampling and preset editing
- Pre-bundled content by Loopmasters
- Pre-bundled scratch samples by DJ Qbert
- AAC / WAV
- iTunes export
- Automatic, beat-matched mixes based on artificial intelligence
- Queue and Playlist automation
- Automatic transitions
- Match powered by Spotify
- Mix photos in perfect sync with the beat
- Beat-matched automatic photo slide shows
- Adjustable frequency of photos per beat
- Image effects
Advanced DJ Tools
- Cue Points
- Saved loops
- Slip Mode
- Beat grid editing
- Over 30 state-of-the-art audio effects powered by Sugar Bytes (available via In-App Purchase)
- Up to three chain-able audio effects per deck
- XY-Pad and Instant FX
- Post-fader FX
- Master output effects via Audio Unit plug-ins
- Advanced time-stretching (up to ±75%)
- Pitch shifting (up to ±1 octave)
- Audio mixing with adjustable crossfader curves
- EQ, panning, and highpass/lowpass filtering
- Audio Limiter
- BPM and beat detection
- Flexible beat grids with support for dynamic tempo
- Frequency-based colored waveforms
- Key detection
- Auto-gain / Normalize
- Multi-core batch analysis
- Video library with pre-bundled content
- Video mixing and scratching
- Music Visualizers
- Visual FX
- Title & image overlays
- A/V recording
- Native support for over 50 MIDI controllers
- Advanced MIDI Learn
- Support for multi-channel USB audio interfaces
- Support for external audio input and microphones
Pioneer CDJ/XDJ Integration
- Native support for Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus, CDJ-900nexus, and XDJ-1000
- Guided plug & play setup
- Full hardware control including slip mode, scratching, pitch bending, looping, cueing, master tempo
- Library navigation including Spotify + iTunes, waveforms, and cue point display on the CDJ/XDJ screens
- Connect up to 4 CDJs/XDJs
Built for macOS
- Support for Touch Bar
- Native 64-bit application
- 60 frames per second graphics engine
- Optimized for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
- Optimized for iMac with Retina 5K Display
- Multi-core analysis(up to 24 processing threads on 12-coreMac Pro)
- Extensive keyboard shortcuts
- Multi-touch trackpad control
- iCloud integration: syncs cue points, grid edits and meta data with iOS versions of djay
Pricing and Availability
djay Pro 2 is available with an intro price of US $39.99 (normally $49.99).