2018 NAMM Show: Alesis has introduced the Vortex Wireless 2 keytar controller, described as “The World’s Most Epic MIDI Controller”.
It offers improved ergonomics for better playability, a more durable housing, and an updated control layout.
The MIDI keytar controller connects wirelessly to your computer and integrates with popular virtual instruments, plugins, and DAWs.
- 37 velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch for compact size with complete melodic range
- Eight RGB back-lit velocity-sensitive trigger pads enable you to create beats or trigger clips
- Eight back-lit faders for controlling volumes or other instrument parameters
- Embedded MIDI-assignable tilt sensor performance control with on/off button
- Thumb-controlled volume slider and reversible pitch-bend wheel on neck
- MIDI-assignable touchstrip, zone, sustain, and octave-control buttons on neck
- Included USB dongle creates a wireless connection to any Mac or PC
- USB and MIDI jacks for use with any synth, sound module, or other MIDI hardware or software
- Battery-powered for use with MIDI modules and hardware synths (4 AA batteries included)
- Standard guitar strap pegs on neck and body
- Edit MIDI-assigned controls with included Vortex Wireless 2 Editor application
- Production software package included: Hybrid 3, Loom 2, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech, TimewARP 2600 by Way Out Ware, and Ableton Live Lite
Pricing and Availability
The Vortex Wireless 2 is expected to be available in Q1, 2018, priced at US $299. See the Alesis site for more info.