At the 2018 NAMM Show, Elektron today introduced the Digitone, a polyphonic digital synthesizer that features what they call ‘a powerful yet user-friendly take on FM synthesis’.
The Digitone combines a modernized FM implementation with a classic subtractive synthesis signal flow, making it ideal, according to the company, for creating ‘highly unique tones and timbres’.
The Elektron Digitone sequencer offers four tracks for the internal sounds and four dedicated MIDI tracks for controlling external gear. You can use the sequencer to quickly add chords or create melodies adhering to a specific scale, Add probability settings to individual notes and create tracks with different lengths.
“Digitone is the sound explorer’s choice,” says Jonas Hillman, CEO of Elektron. “This synthesizer will take you to places you didn’t think existed.”
Scheduled for release later this year, Overbridge for Digitone brings new-school FM synthesis to DAW environments. Overbridge greatly enhances the Digitone workflow, allowing you to edit Digitone parameters directly from your computer screen and record all internal tracks individually.
- Synth voice
- 8 voice polyphony (multitimbral)
- Multiple FM algorithms
- 1 × multimode filter per voice
- 1 × base-width filter per voice
- 1 × overdrive per voice
- 2 × assignable LFO per voice
- 4 synth tracks
- 4 MIDI tracks
- 1 arpeggiator per track
- Polyphonic sequencing
- Individual track lengths
- Parameter locks
- Micro timing
- Trig conditions
- Sound per step change
- Send & master effects
- Panoramic Chorus send effect
- Saturator Delay send effect
- Supervoid Reverb send effect
- Overdrive master effect
- 128 × 64 pixel OLED screen
- 2 × 1/4” impedance balanced audio out jacks
- 2 × 1/4” audio in jacks
- 1 × 1/4” stereo headphone jack
- 48 kHz, 24-bit D/A and A/D converters
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- MIDI In/Out/Thru with DIN Sync out
- Physical specification
- Sturdy steel casing
- Dimensions: W 215 × D 176 × H 63 mm (8.5” × 6.9” × 2.5”) (including knobs and feet)
- Weight: approximately 1.49 kg (3.3 lbs)
- 100 × 100 mm VESA mounting holes. Use M4 screws with a max length of 7 mm.
- Overbridge enabled
- 3 year Elektron warranty
- Included in the box
- Power Supply PSU-3b
- Elektron USB cable
Pricing and Availability
Digitone is available now for $759 USD/779 EUR/£699 GBP.