Reader Stéphane Caviglioli let us know about this modified Korg microKorg synthesizer.
“Mine had two dead keys after 15 years of loyal service, I decided to cut it!” notes Caviglioli.
Caviglioli documents the conversion at the Cavisynth site, noting that it’s not a complicated mod:
- Disassemble the synthesizer
- Unplug and remove the keyboard, pitch and modulation
- Cut to the cutter at the edge of the front edge of both sides
- Cut the bottom cover to raz the screw holes
- Reassemble everything
- Cut a plate for the front and fix it with small recovery screws
- The most complicated step is to replace the mod and pitch wheels with fixed resistors