At Superbooth 2018, Synthstrom was previewing Deluge Firmware 2.0, a major update for the powerful workstation synthesizer and sampler.
New features include:
- ARRANGER – Synthstrom says it will be the most powerful and flexible song arranging mode of any modern hardware sequencer.
- VIRTUAL-ANALOG SYNTH ENGINE IMPROVEMENTS – New analog-modeled filter “drive” and oscillator types.
- MEMORY MANAGEMENT IMPROVED 30-FOLD – since firmware V1.2.0 added the streaming of all samples directly from the SD card, the Deluge’s 64MB RAM chip has been underutilized. With firmware V2.0, this memory is shared with the Deluge’s general functions, making around
- 30x more working memory available for your song and its tracks, synths, notes and parameter automation.
- CPU EFFICIENCY – Major overhaul of Deluge’s audio and synth engine for significantly improved CPU efficiency (by 30-50%).
Synthstrom expects the update to be available sometime in June 2018.
See the Synthstrom site for details.