Arturia has introduced a new new hardware drum machine, the DrumBrute Impact.
The newest in their ‘Brute’ analog hardware line, the DrumBrute Impact is smaller and more affordable than the original DrumBrute, but offers analog drum sounds with hands-on control, a new “Color” layer, output distortion, and powerful sequencing capabilities.
- KICK: pounding bass drum with nice attack transients and variable pitch and decay.
- SNARE 1: a big-bodied snare with great, editable snap and decay.
- SNARE 2: a trashy snare with a hint of clap, with adjustable tone and decay.
- TOM HIGH: simple but powerful high tom with sweepable pitch.
- TOM LOW: pants-shaking low tom that can get so low you could use it as a 2nd kick.
- CYMBAL: zingy, metallic crash with adjustable decay.
- COWBELL: a simple but effective percussive cowbell.
- CLOSED HAT: hard-hitting hat with variable tone that also effects the Open Hat.
- OPEN HAT: open up the hat sound with changeable decay with a mute controlled by the Closed Hat. FM
- DRUM: a percussive synth voice with adjustable carrier pitch, decay, FM amount, and mod pitch.
Arturia says that the sounds have been crafted by their sound designers to create a cohesive “kit” sound that gives the DrumBrute Impact a unique voice.
New Color Layer
DrumBrute Impact also features a “Color” layer, allowing the user to create “dramatic” changes to the sound on the fly. This can be activated channel-by-channel, or can be programmed using the sequencer, generating unique tonal changes in the drum sounds.
DrumBrute Impact also features a drum-optimized distortion on the output bus, with a simple “gain” knob and an on-off switch.
The DrumBrute Impact features a polyrhythmic 64-step, song-capable sequencer, with by a variety of immediate performance controls. You can also Swing, inject some Randomness, glitch it up with a Step Repeater, quickly spice up patterns with the Roller, add Accents, and even record Unquantized.
The DrumBrute Impact features 4 extra output busses for post- processing or multi-tracking, Clock In and -Out to enable the DrumBrute Impact to sync with vintage or modular gear, MIDI In and -Out to sync with synths and outboard, and USB for integration with your DAW and the Arturia MCC, for extra customizations behind the scenes.
- True analog drum machine with 10 drum sounds
- Drum sounds include kick, two snares, high tom/low tom, cymbal/cowbell, closed hi-hat, open hi-hat, and FM percussion
- Stores up to 64 patterns, up to 64 steps each
- Song Mode allows you to chain patterns for expanded compositions
- Apply swing and randomness globally, or on a per-drum basis
- Separate accent for each drum
- Manipulate your patterns in real time with Step Repeat and Pattern Looper
- Roller effect creates drum rolls
- Each track can have a different length, allowing you to create polyrhythms
- 4 individual audio outputs make it easy to record your patterns as multitrack audio
- Sync options include USB, MIDI, Clock (with four different clock formats), and Internal
- 1/8″ headphone output
Pricing and Availability
Arturia DrumBrute Impact is available for pre-order now for US $349 / 299 €, and is expected to be available in August, 2018.