Speektra is a speech simulation synthesizer, based on the VOSIM method (pdf), developed by Kaegi and Tempelaars in the 1970s. It uses bursts of pulses with formant characteristics to synthesize robotic vowel sounds.
The Puremagnetik implementation of VOSIM stretches things a bit further, allowing you to morph between vowels, manually or via a modulator. You can also choose your voice register (Bass to Soprano).
- VOSIM-based vocal synthesis
- Manual or modulated control of vocal morph functions
- Random function for inter-note modulations
- Voice register selection
- Integrates into any VST / Audio Units compatible host
- Includes a collection of factory presets
Pricing and Availability
Speektra is available now, for macOS & Windows, for US $8.00 (normally $20).