Joranalogue has officially released the Filter 8 – a new Eurorack filter design.
Based on the classic OTA-style 4-pole cascaded lowpass (LP) topology, Filter 8 features separate LP outputs, each with their own character. Additional filter responses are achieved by pole mixing: 1-pole highpass, a special band boost and notch response, phase shifter and 4-pole bandpass. All outputs are available simultaneously.
- Analogue ‘OTA style’ cascaded 4-pole lowpass VCF with self-oscillation capability.
- Filter outputs: 1-through-4 pole lowpass, 1-pole highpass, band boost+notch, phase shifter, 4-pole bandpass.
- Self oscillation: 8-phase sine waves, separated by 45°.
- Accurate temperature-stable sine wave VC(LF)O with fine and coarse tuning.
- Simultaneous exponential and linear FM, including depth polarisers, dedicated 1 volt/octave input and LFM
- AC-coupling switch.
- Unique voltage controlled resonance topology: all outputs resonate with absolutely no loss of low frequency response, unlike common ‘bass compensation’ methods.
- Resonance compensation gain switch: adjusts output gains for equal amplitude self-oscillation (10 Vpp).
- LF mode for slew modifier or LFO use. Ultra-wide total frequency range: 2.8 mHz (6 minutes) to 27 kHz, a range of nearly 10,000,000:1.
- Dual signal inputs increase patching flexibility.
- Impedance-compensated outputs with dual-color LEDs.
- Voltage hold feature ‘freezes’ the filter core. Pause LFO modulations, or create pulse-width-sensitive sync sounds at audio rates. Also useful as clickless output mute. Manual or gate control.
- Dedicated ping trigger input: ‘strike’ the filter core using any trigger or gate signal and easily create percussive sounds with 8 different timbres.
- Trim potentiometers accessible from the front panel.
- Precision-milled 2 mm anodized aluminum front panel with high-resolution, non-erasable graphics.
- Bullet-proof design: polarized power header and MOSFET protection circuit.
- Includes 16-to-10-pin Eurorack power ribbon cable.
- Premium mounting hardware: black screws, black nylon washers and matching hex key.
- High-quality components and assembly.
Pricing and Availability
The Filter 8 is available to pre-order for €295.00. Some dealers may have availability of an initial batch of modules.
Video demo via DivKid.