Electro-Harmonix has introduced the MOD REX – described as ‘a kinetic tour-de-force that lets you weave compelling, shifting, musical tapestries’. boundaries.
The effects box features four independent modulation sections – Vibrato, Flanger, Chorus or Phaser. The Depth knob lets you set the amount of the effect while Feedback controls the resonance of the Flanger and Phaser.
Each section also features a choice of four LFO shape options: rising sawtooth, triangle, falling sawtooth or square wave. They affect the way the modulation transitions and provide advanced creative control over the specific section as well as the way they interact with each other.
The pedal’s MIDI implementation lets you sync devices, as well as automate functions and changes. The MOD REX also accepts MIDI to enable it to tempo sync the modulation rate with an external device, to recall presets via MIDI Program Change messages and to control any parameter on the MOD REX via Control Change messages.
- Up to four simultaneous modulation sections synced in time.
- MOD section offers a choice of Vibrato, Flanger, Chorus or Phaser
- Standalone Tremolo, Modulated Panning and Modulated Filter sections.
- 9 tempo subdivision options for each modulation section.
- 4 LFO shape options for each modulation section
- 100 storable presets
- Full stereo input and output
- Tap Tempo and Tempo Sync to an external device with MIDI Clock or an external pulse clock
- Full MIDI control of all parameters and recalling of presets
- External expression pedal input
- External foot controller input to bank presets up and down
- 9.6VDC/200mA power supply included
Pricing and Availability
The MOD REX is available now for US $249.